Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Healing

Dear Friends:

I believe we are in a time of healing now. Here is a photo from the Our Lady of the Lake University website:


The OLLU president said, "Our Lady still stands." I believe the faith of the community and the fact that this appears to have been a simple accident, and not an aggressive act against the community, will mean that we can heal from this tragedy. I know I contacted some of my OLLU friends and we are all going to do what we can do to help OLLU. My friend, Beren Gaule, went to the university to help provide counseling to those affected by the fire -- which I'm sure was everyone.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people. No one understands that better than the CHD community. And yet, despite having a child born with a "broken" heart, I think those of us in the CHD world also know how very lucky we are. We realize the importance of everyday. We don't take the little things for granted. We appreciate things that others usually overlook.

Perhaps the same will be true for the OLLU community. We always took the university for granted. It had been there for over 100 years. Surely it would always be there. Now we know how lucky we are to have been a part of something so beautiful and special. Maybe now we will cherish it a bit more than we did before the fire. And like the members of the CHD community, maybe the OLLU community will realize that the most important thing is Life. All of the lives of the firefighters and students and faculty were spared. In the CHD world, when one of our children is spared, it makes us realize how very lucky we are.

My prayers and good thoughts go out to both of these special communities.

Love,

Anna Marie Daigneault Jaworski
OLLU class of 1984 - B.A. in Speech Pathology

No comments: