Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CHD Conference in Fort Worth on February 19, 2011

Greetings, Friends of the CHD Community!

Today I received a phone call from Kathy Grieser of Cook Children's Hospital. She is part of the planning committee for the very first congenital heart defect conference for parents at Cook Children's Hospital. I signed up for the conference a few weeks ago thanks to Facebook. I think it's great that we can use Facebook to let us know about events of interest to us.  Here is the link for anyone else interested in attending this conference:  Cook Children's CHD Family Conference

Kathy told me that she saw my books on the Internet and invited me to bring some to the conference. I'm glad I will have have my husband, my father and my son there to help me! We will be bringing books, DVDs and audio CDs of AHA conferences where I have spoken and bookmarks for everyone who attends. We will offer a one-day, in-person special:  Any book 40% off or any 3 books for $35 (plus tax).  This is a HUGE savings and will only be done in Fort Worth at the conference. We will not have the ability to process credit cards but we will accept cash, checks or payments from PayPal. We will have our computer but I'm not sure the hospital has Wi-Fi. I have a called to find out, but don't know the answer yet.

Paul Cardall will be the keynote speaker and he will also play piano for the conference attendees. I can't wait to meet him! He will also have his CDs available for sale at the conference.

There are special activities for the children and there are even teens who will be present. I'm glad Alex will not be the only teenager at the event. I think he's glad that I'll be attending the event as a participant and not as a speaker (telling stories on him!).

I hope to see some of my Internet friends at the event. Please check out the Facebook page for more information. You must RSVP to attend. I believe there are at least 80 people registered already! It should be a great crowd and a great day of activities!

No comments: