Thursday, March 14, 2013

Adult Congenital Heart Association Advocacy Day

On Sunday, March 17th my oldest son and I will board a plane for Washington, D.C. to take part in our first Adult Congenital Heart Association Advocacy Day. It is such a blessing for me that my son will be accompanying me on this journey. As a 21 year old, Joey now has a much greater understanding of why it's important for us to be advocates for the CHD community and how much his brother can benefit from certain legislation that will make it possible for him to have a quality life.

http://www.achaheart.org/  This is the link to find more information regarding this historic event.

If you can't go to Washington, D.C. that doesn't mean you can't also help in the movement to make lawmakers more aware of legislation and funding that could benefit the CHD community.  On March 19th there will be over 100 of us in Washington, D.C. but you can be there, too!  Here is a link that you will find helpful http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/484581/18f30480f3/1661503105/5165930f28/  On this webpage you can see how you can also get involved in this advocacy movement. And don't worry! There is even a fill-in-the-blank script to help you know what you should say!

Joining the Adult Congenital Heart Association doesn't cost you any money and it only costs you a small amount of time, but there is power in numbers. The more of us who join together and work together for the common good, the greater our results will be.

Won't you join me in Washington, D.C. by sending a note to your lawmakers and then letting the ACHA know that you're part of the movement? Together we can make a difference! My next blog entry will be from beautiful Washington, D.C.! I can't wait to see who I'll meet, what I'll learn and how Joey and I can make a difference!

Have a great weekend, Heart Friends! I hope I'll see some of you at the Central Texas Heart Walk on Saturday in Austin, Texas. It's going to be a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Mary Black said...

Yea Anna! Your trip will be exciting!

Anna Jaworski said...

Thanks, Mary! I think it will, too. I'm looking forward to posting photos from D.C. See you soon!