Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Heart of a Father Progress Report & Heart Quilt Show

I am SO excited to report that we are making steady progress on the book, The Heart of a Father. This project has laid dormant for about 5 years and I started to wonder if it would ever be finished. I fretted about it, but didn't know how I could continue to homeschool my children, run my business and do all of the other things that needed to be done AND finish the book. With my older son going to public school and my father joining my business, I finally found a way to do it all. :-) There is just no way I could do it alone.

Dad and I have broken the book up by chapters and last week we edited the first chapter -- Dads in the Hospital. This week we edited Dads Around the World, but not all of the essays we have are complete. We also discovered that the Dads Around the World chapter could still use an essay or two, especially if they were from Asia, Africa, South America, Central America or one of the many other countries not represented in the book thus far. We could also use more essays for the Catch 22 chapter. That chapter is about the Catch 22 situation so many dads find themselves in when they have to work to provide the health insurance needed for their family and yet they feel they need to be at the hospital with their child OR having to work while the mother and child are sent to another hospital in another town, state or country OR perhaps there is another Catch 22 situation that a dad found himself in. Write to me at jaworski@vvm.com if you have an essay you'd like for me to consider for The Heart of a Father.

We have received a number of CDs with music for the ebook. It's very exciting to see how the ebook is going to be different from the other books I published in the past. The multi-media aspect really makes it a fun project, albeit a bit daunting. We also have video that we'll be incorporating. I know this is going to be a challenge, but even so, I'm so excited about it! It really will be fun to see how we pull it all together.

This Friday Alex and I will travel to Houston, Texas for an amazing quilt show. The quilt show will feature quilts that have been made in honor or memory of special people born with congenital heart defects. I'm hoping Alex's quilt -- Quilt #9 -- will be there. If you haven't ever seen these quilts, please visit my website: www.congenitalheartdefects.com and look towards the bottom to the links to for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness and Legislation. That's where you can find this link.

It is exciting for us to see Jess and Nancy McCain again. We were fortunate enough to see them when we went to San Francisco. It'll be nice to see them again.

I hope all of you have a terrific week!

Sincerely,

Anna Jaworski

No comments: