Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Miami Heart Conference DVD


I am very excited to report that I had a DVD made of the two speeches I gave in Miami at the American Heart Association Heart Heroes Conference. This is the very first DVD for Baby Hearts Press to sell. We learned a lot making this DVD.

It is always hard for me to watch myself on television because I see so many flaws, but I watched this DVD and was happy with the results. The gentleman I hired to put the DVD together did an awesome job of putting in the PowerPoint slides that I used.

Most of the stories I told in my speeches deal with Alexander and hypoplastic left heart syndrome, but I did talk about some other people I know with different congenital heart defects. I mentioned some people from The Heart of a Mother because every conference participant received a free copy of the book. I even used some of the pictures from the book in my presentation. One of the neat things I was able to do was to show some pictures of people from the book, which was published in 2000, and then later in my speech I showed a much more current picture. It's been so much fun to watch some of these young people grow up.

I wanted to upload a picture of the DVD in my blog, but for some reason, this blog is having problems accepting pictures from me. I'm wondering if it's because I'm using FireFox as my browser. For whatever reason, it's not working. :-( I'll try again later and maybe then I'll be successful.

No comments: