Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feeling Thankful

Dear Heart Friends:

On this Thanksgiving Day I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful that my "heart" son is alive and well. I am thankful that my heart-healthy son is also doing well and coming home for Thanksgiving. I am thankful to be married to the most wonderful man in the world. I am very thankful that my family is getting together for the holiday, even though we will miss Alex.

Regarding Baby Hearts Press . . . I am thankful that I met Mary Black at a marketing workshop put on by the Writers' League of Texas a little over a year ago. She has changed my life. We came together to learn about marketing but what we learned was that there was too much to learn in a one-day class so we decided to meet on a weekly basis to help each other toward our goals. Mary has written the first draft of her book Peyote Fire and I have made a website and started a weekly talk radio show!

I am thankful for my heart friends -- old and new. This year in our travels Frank and I had the great pleasure of meeting with a number of heart friends in cities around North America. It was fun to share food, thoughts, memories and sometimes a few tears. Best of all it was fun sharing hugs and the knowledge that our deep friendships stand the test of time.

I am thankful for science and technology that has allowed so many of my family members to live longer and have a better quality of life. Cancer reared its ugly head in two of our family members but thanks to great treatments available, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with both of them. It is obvious that many of my dear heart friends wouldn't be with me today, or wouldn't have their loved ones with them, without the medical care available in today's day and age.

I am thankful for my country. I live in the United States and feel so thankful to be a citizen of the greatest country in the world. We have our problems, but dreams can still come true here. It is still the land of opportunity and I can't imagine living anywhere else. Of course I also feel blessed to be a Texan. My state is full of beauty and wonder but best of all, my state is full of sunshine and some of the kindest people anywhere.

I hope all of you have a lovely Thanksgiving today and for all of my heart friends who won't be celebrating Thanksgiving Day, like we Americans will, I hope you'll take just a moment to think about how many things you have to be thankful for.

Namaste.

Anna Jaworski




Please visit Baby Hearts Press at http://www.babyheartspress.com for resources for the congenital heart defect community.

No comments: